RIM, the makers of BlackBerry finally gave fans a sneak peak at their upcoming BlackBerry 10 phone which can be seen above. Gone are the smaller screens with a full keyboard and in it’s place is a fully functional touch screen. Here is a quick teaser video of what BlackBerry 10 devices will look like:
While the devices you see in the picture are only developer devices and may never be released in to the public, I have to tip my hat to RIM for finally stepping into this decade. But the true question is, is it too late? Apple and Android have compactly taken over the smartphone game leaving little room for anyone else. While a full revamping is possible, which Microsoft did with their Windows Mobile Phones, we will just have to wait and see how RIM plans satisfy their loyal BlackBerry customers while gaining new ones.
Either way, BlackBerry may have just gotten cool again. Let us know what you think in the comments below.
LG announced on its Facebook page today that their smart-phones will begin to receive the Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) update during the second and third quarters in 2012. Users can expect to see the rollout beginning sometime in April 2012, if LG stays true to their word.
Hopefully we can expect other manufactures to announce their plans to officially implement the ICS software for the upcoming year, but for the time being, LG users can rejoice from this great news.
Don’t forget to check out the rules for the holiday giveaway and feel free to sound off in the comments after the jump.
We here at PhoneKnack are giving away a free copy of the recently released Steve Jobs biography by Walter Issacson.
- There are 2 ways to enter this contest.
- You can enter both methods but can only win once
- Entries will be accepted until 11:59 Eastern on December 26th, 2011
The entry methods:
1. Follow us on Twitter and tweet “@PhoneKnack #contest” followed by a link to this contest
2. Like us on Facebook, share and comment on our post about the contest
We will select a winner at random.
- The winner will be selected within 24 hours this contest ending and will be contacted within 24 hours of being selected
- The winner should expect 7-10 days for processing and shipment from the time an actual and correct mailing address is provided and received by the PhoneKnack staff.